A Memorable Teacher

I fondly remember my fourth grade teacher Mrs. Ruth Campana.  She had a very beautiful, heavy southern accent, which followed her from North Carolina.  Mrs. Campana was my inspiration to become a teacher. I actually sent her a letter to thank her for inspiring me to become a teacher.  (I did some sub work in my old elementary school when I first started teaching and ran into some of my old teachers who kept in touch with Mrs. Campana).  Fine works of art adorned her classroom.  She taught the class a lot of poetry, and encouraged me to write my own.  I remember one saying she had posted on top of the front blackboard that read the following:  “Don’t hurry, don’t worry, and don’t forget to smell the flowers.”  She explained to the class that we should never be too busy with anything,  to not be able to stop for a moment and enjoy life.  I try to remember that in my daily living, but for some reason, I just can’t seem to have enough time in  a day to actually enjoy the moment.  I hope to make a valiant effort from now on to do so, in memory of Mrs. Campana.